PowerPoint Summary of AB295:
Download Summary of AB295:
Click here to view Guidelines for Comprehensive Sexuality Education by SIECUS. A dangerous organization behind the radical sex education they are attempting to push on children by circumventing parents: sexedu.org.tw/guideline.pdf
CCSD Statement on AB295:
On March 22, 2019, the Clark County School District submitted their Fiscal Note on this bill. We were pleased to see that they included this verbiage at the end of their note.
"In addition, after a survey of community members that took place in 2015, it is apparent that changing from “opt-in” to “opt out” and requiring sexuality education for K–12 inclusive will not be acceptable for many CCSD stakeholders. There will be a substantial fiscal impact to CCSD."
Spanish Summary of AB295:
Download Spanish Summary of AB295:
CCSD Sex Ed Survey Results:
Sex Ed Issues Considered Important by Power2Parent:
1. Maintain the requirement to opt-in to sex education.
2. CCSD personnel should be the only people teaching our children Sex Ed.
3. Sex Ed should not be taught to ages younger than 5th grade - nor should it be taught to every grade in school.
4. We want policies and safeguards to protect parental rights.
5. We want safety for all individuals while respecting all value systems and cultures.