Clarifying the myth behind sex ed
Following the most recent meeting on sex ed, a few left-wing news media outlets have reported that Power2Parent is an "anti sex ed" organization. This is simply untrue and is inaccurate reporting. As a non-partisan, non-ideological organization, we feel that sex education is an important part of a health education curriculum, however, we believe in the essential role of opt-in law to protect the rights of parents, and also do not support the "comprehensive sexuality education" curriculum being brought forth by many outside organizations. Learn more about the truth behind school, sexuality education and children by downloading the PDF below:
Sex Ed Issues Considered Important by Power2Parent:
1. Maintain the requirement to opt-in to sex education.
2. CCSD personnel should be the only people teaching our children Sex Ed.
3. Sex Ed should not be taught to ages younger than 5th grade - nor should it be taught to every grade in school.
4. Promoting policies and safeguards to protect parental rights.
5. Safety for all individuals while respecting all value systems and cultures.