NVDOE’s Gender Diverse Policy
Heads up powerful parents! We finally have the date for the Nevada Department of Education’s meeting regarding their regulation for the Gender Diverse Policy. This will be for all school districts, public & charter schools in Nevada (NRS 388.135):
May 11, 2017
9890 S. Maryland Pkwy.
*Please ser agenda for other locations including Reno
We are also including the link to their newly revised regulation for your review. Look it over and please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We will continue posting relevant info.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Proposed Regulation: https://bit.ly/2HDdAqS
Our Statement on the Sex Ed Sit Out
Sex Ed Issues Considered Important by Power2Parent:
1. Maintain the requirement to opt-in to sex education.
2. CCSD personnel should be the only people teaching our children Sex Ed.
3. Sex Ed should not be taught to ages younger than 5th grade - nor should it be taught to every grade in school.
4. Promoting policies and safeguards to protect parental rights.
5. Safety for all individuals while respecting all value systems and cultures.